Information for Incoming First Years
- Student Bills
Book rental and resource bills will be distributed and text books will be sorted for payment and collection before Fri 32st August at 1pm. Amounts will vary between approx €150 and €200.
*Payments and contributions collected from and on behalf of students may be used as part of a general fund to supplement learning resources for the school, including administration and operational requirements.
This amount includes
- 24 hour insurance
- Student Journal
- Book Rental
- Locker (and lock) rental
- Text messaging reminders
- postage of reports, etc
- Sports affiliations and prizes
- access to tablets, iPads, laptops, etc
- mock exams
- correct student Uniform (please note particularly shoes and jacket)
- standard schoolbag, rucksack type recommended
- 1-2 doz standard ruled copies (some subjects may require hard backed copies later)
- Pencil case with selection of pens, pencils, etc
Our well equipped IT department has selections of Chromebooks, iPads, Notebooks, tablets and desktops which are available for student use when required. Students do not need to purchase individual devices but are welcome to bring in their own devices which they can connect to the student WiFi system. Our networks operate with all platforms (Windows, Androis, Apple, etc) so all devices should work. Athy College does not accept responsibility for student personal devices but does offer areas of safe storage for devices if requested.
Please note additional Parent information here
How to open your combination lock